Introduction- If you think that writing a good blog post just means using the right words, you’re mistaken. There are a lot of other factors that contribute to making your blog post a success.
so let’s check out how you too can come up with a blog post that you have always wanted to create when you started a blog.
1. Choose a Good Topic : The first step towards writing a blog post is to pick a good topic. You’ll need to find out what your followers want to know and read about, so your post will continue to get traffic after it’s published.
2. Do Your Research : Once you have your idea, make sure to research the front page of Google and your main competitors at this stage to see how you can improve on what’s out there. If you can’t write a high quality post that’s better than theirs, don’t bother!
3. Take Notes and Start an Outline : While you do your research keep a notebook handy where you can take down the important points and outline your topic.
4. Start Drafting Your Blog Post : Now that you have the outline, you can sit down to write your post. I generally like drafting it directly on my WordPress dashboard. It saves a lot of time and extra effort if I don’t have to copy and paste it from somewhere else later.
5. Hook Your Readers With a Great Opening : If you can hook your readers with a good opening consider half your work to be done. Because if your introduction is boring, people wouldn’t bother to read the rest. A good way to write a great introduction is to pose a question addressing the reader’s problem. Then you can tell them how reading your post can help them tackle it.
6. Write Like You Talk : Don’t overlook the style and tone of your writing. Both these elements can make a big difference.
Writing like you’re talking to your reader can make them feel like they’re having a conversation with someone, rather than actually reading a post.
7.Include a Compelling Call to Action : Your post can’t be called a successful one unless you can convince your users to take action on the site. What should your call to action (CTA) be? You could ask your readers to:
- Sign up to your email newsletter (must read, “how to create an email newsletter“).
- Pick something you love.
- Leave a comment.
Mr. Devendra Chaturvedi, Assistant Professor, School of Computer Applications, Career Point University, Kota